The history of the Sigmundhof

From a book which is exposed at the Castle of Velturno, it appears that the history of the Sigmundhof can be traced back to the year 1583. Back then, the Sigmundhof = Simet in Pinzago, was owned by the Sigmund brothers Michael, Mathes, Leonhard, Jakob and Hans. That year, the Sigmund brothers received a coat of arms from Emperor Rudolph II.

The history of the Sigmundhof

The Sigmund brothers also had many other possessions in the nearby village of Velturno, such as the Wöhrerhof, where still today you may find their crest in the chapel. The last Sigmund married 1662 and thus the name Sigmund died out in Pinzago. By the end of the 19th century, the Sigmundhof in Pinzago was sold – due to financial reasons – to Mr Johann Rabensteiner, “Ofenhammer” in Vilandro. This politically very active and highly intelligent farmer was known all across the country. He still appears in many documents as the co-founder of the South Tyrolean Farmers’ Federation. Since then, the farm has been passed down to male descendants of the Rabensteiner family.


Impressions

Lade Dir den Flash Player um die Diashow zu sehen.

Sigmundhof on Facebook

Newsletter

E-Mail:

Express request










BrixenCard

Double advantage
BrixenCard

 


BrixenCard. All inklusive Guest card. South Tyrol.

The weather

Brixen/South Tyrol
19. October 2017, 23:55
Mostly clear
Mostly clear
4°C
real feel: 10°C
humidity: 83%
wind speed: 0 m/s N
sunrise: 7:37
sunset: 18:19
More forecast...
 
Holidaycheck Brixen Suedtriol
Sigmundhof in Pinzagen, Family Rabensteiner, Pinzagen 23, 39042 Brixen, Phone 0039 0472 200835, E-Mails, PI IT01399940210, Impressum