No Offer yet

trend media

Your hostsThe history of the Sigmundhof farm

A book in the castle of Feldthurns shows that the history of the Sigmundhof farm can be traced back to the year 1583. At that time, the Sigmund = Simet farm in Pinzago belonged to the Sigmund brothers Michael, Mathes, Leonhard, Jakob and Hans. The Sigmund brothers were presented with a coat of arms by Emperor Rudolph II in that year.

The Sigmund brothers also had many properties in the nearby village of Feldthurns, such as the Wöhrerhof farm where you can still find the coat of arms in the chapel. The last Sigmund married in 1662 and thus the surname Sigmund died out in Pinzago / Pinzagen. At the end of the 19th century, the Sigmund farm in Pinzago was sold for economic reasons to Mr. Johann Rabensteiner from Villandro/Villanders. At that time, he was known throughout the country as a very politically engaged and highly intelligent farmer. He still appears in many records today as a co-founder of the South Tyrolean Farmers’ Union. Since then, the farm has always been passed on to male descendants of the Rabensteiner family.

Until 2006, agriculture was the Sigmundhof farm’s only source of income. In that year, however, holiday flats were built to create a second mainstay. The family’s pride and joy are the conversion of the listed farmhouse, which now houses our holiday flats.

Today, the farm is run with great pleasure and commitment by Josef Rabensteiner and his wife Anna, with their son Elmar and his family. So that our guests can certainly look forward to their holiday at the Sigmundhof farm in the future.

A book in the castle of Feldthurns shows that the history of the Sigmundhof farm can be traced back to the year 1583. At that time, the Sigmund = Simet farm in Pinzago belonged to the Sigmund brothers Michael, Mathes, Leonhard, Jakob and Hans. The Sigmund brothers were presented with a coat of arms by Emperor Rudolph II in that year.

The Sigmund brothers also had many properties in the nearby village of Feldthurns, such as the Wöhrerhof farm where you can still find the coat of arms in the chapel. The last Sigmund married in 1662 and thus the surname Sigmund died out in Pinzago / Pinzagen. At the end of the 19th century, the Sigmund farm in Pinzago was sold for economic reasons to Mr. Johann Rabensteiner from Villandro/Villanders. At that time, he was known throughout the country as a very politically engaged and highly intelligent farmer. He still appears in many records today as a co-founder of the South Tyrolean Farmers’ Union. Since then, the farm has always been passed on to male descendants of the Rabensteiner family.

Until 2006, agriculture was the Sigmundhof farm’s only source of income. In that year, however, holiday flats were built to create a second mainstay. The family’s pride and joy are the conversion of the listed farmhouse, which now houses our holiday flats.

Today, the farm is run with great pleasure and commitment by Josef Rabensteiner and his wife Anna, with their son Elmar and his family. So that our guests can certainly look forward to their holiday at the Sigmundhof farm in the future.

No Offer yet

Footer – Anfragebox on scroll